Sunday 5 July 2015

The Unemployment Line

A few days ago I went to the place I used to work. A lot of the old-timers were still there. A lot more had left. It was a strange thing to experience.

Then at 2 PM my girlfriend received rejection notices from two different jobs. That was rough, especially after we'd spent the morning talking about my passing nostalgia for my previous job. When someone talks about a good job they had, then you get turned down for what looked like promising jobs, it takes a toll on you.

Then at 2:30 PM she got a call from an employer regarding a job she had been very enthusiastic about. She had the job, and was starting the next week.

The tables had been turned.

I was happy for her. Hell, I was ecstatic. Almost as much as she was.

But still, I'm unemployed.

And I'm not happy.

And I'm going into an industry where your job status is tied to how many times you throw yourself at the wall.

This is getting tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment